Monday, April 12, 2010

I Wanna Tell U A Bedtime Story Baby

About a girl
About a boy
And all their joy
All the joy they show each other

How to stay in love
How to stay so happy
So many things
So many things
I'm gonna do.

I kind of like the days when Mike is too tired to do anything but sleep because we have deep, meaningful conversations then. Not that we don't talk otherwise, but then there's no expectation of anything else, so we just enjoy talking to each other. Don't get me wrong, the sex is mind-blowing! I don't want to get to a place where we stop talking, learning and growning. I keep stressing that to him so that he knows that I don't want things to go wrong between us. He really is the perfect man for me and after waiting so long for God to bring him into my life, I want him here with me, forever. I mean, really, that's not too much to ask, is it?

So, as we talked, I told him a bedtime story. I love that this relationship has no pressure. We're there for each other and neither of us has unreal expectations. Therefore, the story I told him was about all the things I want to do for him and how I want things to always be a two-way street, where we can be together, but we don't always have to be physically together. I will give him his room and he will give me mine. Even once we move in together, we can still have "me" time, so that the time that we are together are special. I don't want a repeat of my marriage where he did his thing, I did mine and we very seldom met in the middle except for sex. I was busy taking care of everything while he was off having fun and none of the responsibility of being a husband, father and step-father.

I know that Mike won't be like that because he is so hands on with his sons and daughter and even with my two girls. Shoot, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't even be together. I need to thank them every day! It feels good to be in love. Finally in love and not lust or obligation. I love Mike with everything and he loves me right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment