Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Had Me At Airport

Mike knocked on the door at around 3:30. He was still in his uniform, looking very hot. I don't know what it is about a uniform, but they get me all hot. Plus, it helps that he's easy on the eyes, or as my grandmother used to say, 'He can eat crackers in my bed any day.'

We walked down to my car, which is really a car that looks like two cars having sex. (I'm not going to lie; I spent an hour vacuuming and cleaning it because his car is pristine looking.) He put his bag in the back seat and got into the passenger seat and we started on the way. My being Rain Man, rode over the curb!

"I'm a very good driver. Wapner's on at 4. I get my underwear at K-Mart." Gees, could I be any more of a doofus??

Anyway, I got us onto the interstate fine, and traffic seemed to be going our way, but what seems, isn't always what is. Of course, there was a huge traffic jam. He was probably thinking that he should have rode a bicycle to the airport with the way I was driving! Well, it wasn't me, it was the other driver's and their damn breaking and going; breaking and going. Ugh! You know what I mean.

Back to the drive. It really is nice to drive and talk to someone. I like to be looking at the person I'm talking too, which is not what the FHP recommends when you're behind the wheel. We talked a little bit about music (we both like Rap). We also talked about marriage and kids. (We both have been married and have kids - his are older and mine are still with me.) There were long, silent pauses. Awkward pockets...

He rubbed my leg, which sent shivers through my body! I haven't been with a man since May of 2009. No, I haven't decided I wanted to be a nun. And no, I don't have a wart on my nose, or any other disfigurement. I decided after my last relationship I wanted time to myself. I was married and I still had issues that I needed to work through with that. Even now, I still find myself not trusting people; men especially. I don't know that I ever really will. I question everything. Pat, my last boyfriend is really the only guy that I didn't have that issue with. Maybe that was because we've known each other for sixteen years. I loved him as a friend before a boyfriend.

Once I finally got him to the airport (JetBlue) he hugged me, kissed me on the cheek, got his bag from the back seat, got back into the passenger seat, leaned over and kissed me on the lips.

Pink Cashmere.

No comments:

Post a Comment